· Avoid sun exposure, tanning beds and tanning creams for 4 weeks before treatment and refrain from using these products and exposing your tattoo to the sun throughout the course of your treatments.
· During consultation or on arrival please inform our Laser Operator if you are taking any of the medications listed in the Consultation Form you have completed prior to treatment to reduce any risk of photosensitivity.
· PLEASE TELL OUR LASER OPERATOR BEFORE TREATMENT IF YOUR MEDICAL CONDITIONS CHANGE OR IF YOU START TAKING ANY ADDITIONAL MEDICATIONS THROUGHOUT YOUR TREATMENT PLAN.
· If you are having treatment on an area that has body hair, you may shave the area 2-3 days prior to treatment.
· DO NOT shave on the treatment day to reduce any risk of cuts or open wound or sensitivity to the skin. We have clippers in our clinic to shave the treatment area.
· If you don’t deal with any kind of sun-burn type heat sensation very well always tell your operator prior to treatment or if you experience any discomfort during treatment so the energy can be adjusted to your individual pain tolerance. As the treatment progresses, you will be able to deal with more energy as you gradually build tolerance to the discomfort.
· There will be redness, sensitivity, soreness, swelling, bruising and/or small blood blisters after each treatment. This is normal but please touch the treated area as little as possible except to cool it with an ice pack.
· Apply ice packs if necessary in the first 2 hours to reduce discomfort and minimise the risk of blistering.
· Keep treated area as dry as possible for 24 hours after treatment. No swimming for 3 days after treatment as Chlorine and salt aggravate treatment areas and increase sensitivity.
· Avoid exercise for 24 hours after treatment (especially in Summer) to avoid excess temperature in the treated area.
· Blistering is always a possibility, they are superficial and rarely results in any scarring. They should be treated like sunburn or any other sunburn blister. DO NOT burst blisters or pick at the scab as this may cause infection and/or scars to form.
· Apply Vitamin E Cream to the treated area as often as possible.
· Sun exposure must be avoided for preferably at least 2 months after treatment as exposure to the sun may intensify lighter pigmentation.
· Keep the treated area completely covered from the sun throughout your entire treatment plan but if sun exposure is unavoidable apply previously mentioned Vitamin E as well as a minimum SPF 30+ Sun Screen.
· Purchasing an Antiseptic Powder is highly recommended to help accelerate the healing process, especially in the unlikely event of the skin being broken during treatment. It is also handy to have in your First Aid Kit at home.
· The skin is fragile after treatment, if applying makeup pat gently. Makeup can be applied immediately after treatment as long as the skin is not broken. If the skin is broken apply previously mentioned Antiseptic Powder.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Dane on 0401 315 055 for any further advise or if you have any concerns. Send us a picture via txt if necessary.